Study in Canada
Canada is a fast-growing destination country for international students. This is because students in Canada enjoy the safe environment that the country offers, as well as the world-class education system.
Canada has over ten universities ranked in the top 200 universities in the world, so it known as a center of high-class education in the world. Canadians are also highly educated people, with the majority of citizens having completed a college degree.
Key Facts about Canada
- Students can also benefit from the lower costs that many colleges and universities offer when compared to other destination countries.
- Canada has approximately half a million international students enrolled at colleges and universities, so the system is well-designed for supporting international students.
- Canadians are some of the friendliest people in the world, so you can look forward to a welcoming atmosphere on campus from your fellow students.
Cost of Study in Canada
Your weekly expenses will depend on where and what you choose to study. Large cities such as Vancouver and Toronto have high living expenses for Canada, but are less expensive than other major world cities.
The following costs are approximate:
- Accommodation costs CAN$800 – $2000 per month
- Living expenses CAN$500 – $1000 per month
- Undergraduate courses – CAN$6,000 – $18,000 per year
- Postgraduate courses – CAN$7,000 – $35,000 per year
Study Permit for Working in Canada
If you are an international student who wants to study in Canada, you will need a student visa, sometimes known as a study permit to study in Canada. It can take months to get a visa for Canada, so you will need to start the process early.
International students with a student visa can work part-time in Canada. After their study is complete, students can continue working in Canada.
The following button will show you information about the latest developments in Canadian student work permits.