As you proceed through your Engineering studies, it is advisable that you begin to consider the vast number of opportunities with engineering internships that are available to you as you look to build your chosen career.
The good news is that many of the major engineering organizations in Australia provide graduate jobs and short-term internship opportunities.
An example of a potential employer is the Downer Group, who is a major player in the construction and engineering sectors. Downer specializes in the transportation, infrastructure, technology, and communications sectors.
The benefits of being part of the Downer family throughout Australia include:
- competitive starting salaries
- study assistance
- regular training programs
- one-to-one mentoring from Downer business leaders
- flexible work arrangements
- local health check-up programs
- offers and cash back on selected shopping portals
- discounts on technology products
- exclusive offers on a range of vehicles
- a two-year graduate development program providing exposure to different areas of the business through structured rotation and, regular core development training sessions
- industry networking opportunities
- one-to-one executive mentoring from Downer business leaders, to support you and keep you on track.
Underpinning these benefits, Downer promises to work closely with customers to help them succeed, using world leading insights and solutions.
These are just a few of the many benefits on offer from Downer and are typical of the competitive engineering sector as it seeks to employ, develop and retain quality engineering graduates.
If you need more information on the opportunities within Engineering, see the Engineering page on the ClickStudies.com site.
For more information on Graduate Programs and Internships opportunities in Australia, have a look at the GradAustralia website at: https://gradaustralia.com.au/.