Business Pathway Courses
Business Pathway Courses help students gain the basic business knowledge and skills that will prepare them for further study at college and university courses.
Students usually graduate from a Business Pathway Course with a Diploma in one year. After graduation from a Business Pathway Course, students can enter the second year of the college or university degree program.
Areas of study in the Business Pathway Courses
Common areas of study may include:
- Legal Fundamentals
- Professional and Academic Communication
- Quantitative and Statistical Analysis
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Computer and Information Systems
Some education providers that follow a trimester structure will have the advantage of letting students complete the course in less than one year.
Structure of Pathway Courses
An education pathway can lead from high school in the student’s home country, through Academic English, to the Pathway Business Course and then directly to the second year of the university course. It is illustrated as follows:
Pathway courses are very popular in higher education because they help students move to the next level of study.
Pathways often build skills in Academic English, as well as the important skills of researching, referencing and writing essays and reports.
Some Pathway courses allow students to take an intensive course that is the same as a first-year university course.
Pathway Course Advantages
The advantages of choosing a pathway course include:
- Start with lower entry requirements that normal college courses
- Build English language skills
- Build academic skills such as researching, referencing and essay writing
- Small class sizes allow for extra student care
- Teachers with skills in teaching students from different backgrounds
- Intensive courses allow students to progress faster