Are you Interested in Being an Enrolled Nurse (EN)?
Enrolled Nurses are in high demand around the world. If you have good people skills and you are interested in a career that involves providing care and support, you may be interested in Enrolled Nursing courses and consider a career within the health industry.
Duties of the Enrolled Nurse
In the workplace, Enrolled Nurses work under supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Specific duties can include:
- Observing and assessing patient health
- Monitoring pulse, blood pressure, blood sugar levels and other vital signs
- Reporting health changes over time
- Assisting with dressing wounds
- Assisting patients with hygiene, showering, dressing and toiletry functions
- Assisting with meals and physical exercise activities
There are many great reasons to study nursing at college or university. Here’s a list of some of the best reasons why you should become a nurse. 1. Nurses enjoy high levels of job satisfaction Research into job satisfaction shows that...
Job Opportunities for Enrolled Nurses
Enrolled Nurses can work in a wide variety of healthcare settings. These environments can include:
- General hospitals
- Mental health care facilities
- Residential aged care facilities
- Health clinics
- Community service environments
About Studying Enrolled Nursing Courses
Students interested in enrolled nursing courses should have strong English skills. Check the English language test entry requirements (such as IELTS) for enrolled nursing courses. Enrolled nurses must complete a community college qualification in nursing.
Some of the popular courses in this area include:
- Certificate Health Services Assistance
- Diploma of Nursing
- Advanced Diploma of Nursing